Loincloth sentence example
- The men wear a loincloth or salaka, the women a kitamby or apron folded round the body from waist to heel, to which a jacket or dress is usually added; both sexes use over these the lamba, a large square of cloth folded round the body something like the Roman toga, and which is the characteristic native dress.
- It consists of a sparkly loincloth, headpiece, collar and armbands.
- This transformation of the loincloth has been illustrated by Mr D.
- Both sexes wear the langouti or loincloth, which the men supplement with a short jacket, the women with a long scarf draped round the figure or with a long clinging robe.
- In Hawaii boys dance hula topless, but are covered on the bottom with a malo (a type of loincloth), skirt or pants.Advertisement
- Other terms used synonymously are modesty apron, marriage apron, modesty skirt, loincloth, string skirt, and girdle.
- Les Moonves in a loincloth, collar and tie, waving a broadsword stained with the blood of failed sitcoms.
- Relying upon the known custom of performing certain observances in a practically, or even entirely, nude condition, it seems plausible to infer that the ephod was a scanty wrapping, perhaps a loincloth, and this view has found weighty support.