Lodicules sentence example
- The flower differs from that of the majority of grasses in having usually three lodicules and six stamens.
- The perianth is represented by very rudimentary, small, fleshy scales arising below the ovary, called lodicules; they are elongated FIG.
- In the vast majority there are three stamens alternating with the lodicules, and therefore one anterior, i.e.
- F, Lodicules at base of j, the ovary, surmounted by styles.
- Within the pale are two minute, ovate, pointed, white membranous scales called "lodicules."Advertisement
- The separation of the glumes, which occurs at the time of fertilization, and which permits the egress of the useless stamens after that operation, occurs only under certain conditions of temperature, when the heat, in fact, is sufficient to cause the lodicules of the flower to become turgid and thus to press apart the glumes.
- p, Pale; 1, lodicules.