Lodger sentence example
- About the same time he bought, and fixed his residence in, the Craigie House, where he had formerly only been a lodger, an old "revolutionary house," built about the beginning of the, 8th century, and occupied by General Washington in 1776.
- Finally he discussed the matter with his fellow lodger.
- They had taken a gamble by becoming a lodger at Selhurst.
- The final band for the evening is Midair 91 whoÃ¢s guitarist looks like a former lodger of mine who owes me money.
- You are uneasy, as I understand, because your new lodger remains in his rooms and you cannot see him.Advertisement
- In 1803 Southey became a joint lodger with Coleridge at Greta Hall, Keswick, of which in 1812 Southey became sole tenant and occupier.
- Why do you think they had a lodger living with them?
- Nor incidentally did he even mention the idea of my taking a lodger - a minder - into the loft.
- They have a young lodger, and also a housekeeper (their 24-year-old cousin, Susannah Buckell ).
- Day followed day; and still the young man had never come by speech or sight of his mysterious lodger.Advertisement
- Ginger, Lois and Sparrow add a gentleman lodger to their vision of.. .
- It is chiefly in connexion with the letting of lodgings, flats, &c., that tenancies of this class arise (see Flats, Lodger And Lodgings).
- The notice necessary to determine a monthly or weekly tenancy is generally a month or a week (see further under Lodger; Lodgings).
- And of course we got a lodger, actually TWO!
- But the widow insisted on boarding her lodger, and Spinoza presently found the expense too great for his slender purse.Advertisement
- One day his landlady, who may have heard strange stories of her solitary lodger, came to him in some trouble to ask him whether he believed she could be saved in the religion she professed.