Lodgepole sentence example
- spruce with some lodgepole pine.
- slope of the Cascades the red fir ceases to be the dominant tree, and between this elevation and the region of perpetual snow, on a few of the highest peaks, rise a succession of forest zones containing principally: (1) yellow pine, red and yellow fir, white fir and cedar; (2) lodgepole pine, white pine, Engelmann spruce and yew; (3) subalpine fir, lovely fir, noble fir, Mertens hemlock, Alaska cedar and tamarack; (4) white-bark pine, Patton hemlock, alpine larch and creeeping juniper.
- The mountain valleys are covered with little except grasses; on the higher parts of the mountains there are barren rocks or only a scant growth of timber; but many of the lower mountain slopes, especially those along the western border, are clothed with heavy timber, ponderosa pine, lodgepole pine, Douglas-fir and western larch being the principal species.
- The principal trees, after the yellow and lodgepole pines, are the red-fir, so-called hemlock and cedar, the Engelmann spruce, the cottonwood and the aspen (Populus tremuloides).
- lodgepole (pine)oy views of the ski slopes or the majestic Rocky Mountains from their private lodgepole pine balcony.Advertisement
- The dominant species are Sitka spruce and lodgepole pine although there is some Norway spruce.
- Give preference where appropriate to those species of tree which deer prefer to browse or fray, such as Norway spruce and Lodgepole pine.
- Sitka spruce is the dominant species with Norway spruce, lodgepole pine and Japanese larch also common.
- The conifer forests are largely of Sitka and Norway spruce with some lodgepole pine.
- Frontier Log Furniture has over thirty years of log furniture crafting experience making lodgepole pine furniture.Advertisement