Locust-tree sentence example
- Characteristic trees are the locust tree and the stone pine; in Melia Azedarach and Ficus Sycomorus (Beirut) is an admixture of foreign and partially subtropical elements.
- Sometimes imagined to be the " locusts " eaten by John the Baptist, on which account the tree is often called the locust-tree.
- Robinia Pseud-acacia, or false acacia, is cultivated in the milder parts of Britain, and forms a large tree, with beautiful pea-like blossoms. The tree is sometimes called the locust tree.
- The common Acacia or Locust Tree (R. pseudoacacia) is of quick growth, hardy, and thrives almost anywhere.
- The black locust tree (Robinia pseudacacia) is a North American native that was introduced to Europe around 1630.Advertisement