Lockjaw sentence example
- The second tetanus type is traumatic tetanus, which is also referred to in England as " lockjaw " .
- Tetanus (sometimes called lockjaw) is a bacterial disease that affects the nervous system.
- The time when I thought my gum was swelling up and I had lockjaw was totally different.
- The second tetanus type is traumatic tetanus, which is also referred to in England as " lockjaw ".
- In strychnine poisoning trismus or lockjaw is generally secondary to spasm of the other muscles, while in tetanus it is usually the first symptom, no relaxation taking place between the spasms.Advertisement
- They appear to catch what is called the "boat-cold" caused by the arrival of strange boats, and at one time the children suffered severely from a form of lockjaw known as the "eight days' sickness."
- Tetanus, sometimes called lockjaw, is a disease caused by the toxin of Clostridium tetani.
- The first sign of tetanus is a tightening of the jaw muscles that gives the disease its common name, lockjaw.
- Tetanus, also called lockjaw, is a serious disease of the nervous system that can cause uncontrolled muscle spasms and death.
- In the first place, the intuition of causality does not require will at all, because we often perceive one bodily member pressing another involuntarily; a man suffering from lockjaw neither wills nor can avoid feeling the pressure of his upper and lower jaws against one another.Advertisement