Localism sentence example
- Neither of the other parties is brave enough to embrace localism wholeheartedly.
- We are very keen on what is now called localism.
- If we want more localism we need to tackle the plight of our poorest areas.
- On 11 May, the New Statesman hosted a round-table discussion on delivering new localism.
- The index will also challenge those like ourselves who promote new localism to prove that it can make a difference.Advertisement
- My anxiety about the 'new localism ' is that it sometimes uses neo-conservative language, implying the problem is (central) government.
- The second main aim is to assess public views on the wide range of issues key to putting new localism into practice.
- The other half of the deal must be real localism.
- It is understanding where the 'new localism ' agenda that we kicked off is heading.
- When it comes to decentralization, their slogans are "constrained discretion" and "the new localism."Advertisement
- Far more drastic action is needed to address the underlying problem of voter cynicism - greater localism is the only effective remedy.
- We'll adopt a policy of localism that lets local people choose what's right for their neighborhood.
- Localism maintains the traditional ties of blood and kinship but undermines modern, universalist democratic ideals.