Local-celebrity sentence example
- With a friend, William Berry, he then bought a small country store, which soon failed chiefly because of the drunken habits of Berry and because Lincoln preferred to read and to tell stories - he early gained local celebrity as a story-teller - rather than sell; about this time he got hold of a set of Blackstone.
- A monument to a local celebrity named Chapuis is interesting for the reason that his execution by order of the prince-bishop of Liege was the last act of sovereignty taken by that prelate.
- The calendar is personally endorsed by local celebrity Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, star of BBCÃ¢s interior design show Changing Rooms.
- For those in San Diego, consider asking a local celebrity to be part of the event and mention that in your advertising to attract more people.
- Tommy gains a measure of local celebrity when he demonstrates an ability at pinball.Advertisement