Loach sentence example
- It abounds in loach, and there are valuable salmon fisheries.
- The Siluridae, or scaleless fishes, and the Cyprinidae, or carp and loach, form the bulk of the mountain fish, :and the genera and species appear to be organized for a mountaintorrent life, being almost all furnished with suckers to enable them to maintain their positions in the rapid streams which they inhabit.
- There are no fresh injury worries for Watford, with Clarke Carlisle, Chris Powell and Scott Loach remaining the only absentees.
- It's a strange brew, but try and imagine CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE tamed and domesticated by Ken Loach.
- Bullhead bullhead Bullhead populations, like spined loach, appear to be under considerable threat.Advertisement
- Bottom feeders are those fish that spend most of their time at the base of the aquarium, including loach and catfish.
- They found that all the spined loach they examined were of the same species, regardless of the river in which they were caught.
- Giant mud loach was produced by linking the mud loach growth hormone with its actin promoter.
- The first wave of new inhabitants comprised three platies, and the 'fish with nine lives ' a kuhli loach.
- Nevertheless, Hill is exaggerating what he sees as Loach's growing pessimism.Advertisement
- Ken Loach tells Stuart Jeffries what he thinks of critics of his film about Irish republicanism.
- River Mease Derbyshire; Leicestershire; Staffordshire The River Mease is a good example of a riverine population of spined loach Cobitis taenia.
- The Cyprinidae' are divided into four subfamilies: - Catostosninae (mostly from North America, with a few species from China and eastern Siberia), in which the maxillary bones take a share in the border of the mouth, and the pharyngeal teeth are very numerous and form a single, comb-like series; Cyprininae, the great bulk of the family, more or less conforming to the type of the carp; Cobitinae, or loaches (Europe, Asia, Abyssinia), which are dealt with in a separate article (see LoAcH); and the Homalopterinae (China and south-eastern Asia), mountain forms allied to the loaches, with a quite rudimentary air-bladder.
- All takes place under the scrutiny of old Miss Loach, the self-appointed guardian of village morals.