Living trust sentence example
- By avoiding probate, a living trust gets your assets distributed significantly more quickly than a will does.
- When it comes to estate planning, how do you decide on a will versus a living trust for your needs?
- A living trust is a created during a person's, know as the grantor, lifetime.
- The main advantage to placing assets into a living trust is a financial one.
- Since a typical probate process can last as long as one year, a living trust is a benefit to heirs to the estate.Advertisement
- Another advantage to a living trust is that the terms of the trust are kept private; unlike a will, they are not made public after the grantor's death.
- Putting assets in a living trust may also help to lessen the burden of estate taxes.
- A person interested in estate planning doesn't necessarily need to choose a will versus a living trust.