Living-thing sentence example
- There .are also fast days called m'battal (Arab.), on which it is forbidden to kill any living thing or eat flesh.
- It seemed as if it were some living thing rushing on to some terrible fate.
- Scarcely perceptible variations of the innate class are regularly and invariably present in every new generation of every species of living thing.
- Having been overtaken by a violent storm, to ensure his safety he vowed to sacrifice to Poseidon the first living thing that met him when he landed on his native shore.
- From the elements the one substance is transformed into the multitude of individual things in the orderly universe, which again is itself a living thing or being, and the Pneuma pervading it, and conditioning life and growth everywhere, is its soul.Advertisement
- From the 17th century onwards it was gradually shown that, at least in the case of all the higher and readily visible organisms, abiogenesis did not occur, but that omne vivum e vivo, every living thing came from a pre-existing living thing.
- Thou openest thine hand, and, satisfied the desire of every living thing.
- No living thing exists in isolation; each lives within an ecosystem a community of organisms interacting with one another and their environment.
- These examples demonstrate that global warming affects every living thing on the planet.
- Nothing really new is produced in the living world, but the germs which develop have existed since the beginning of things; and nothing really dies, but, when what we call death takes place, the living thing shrinks back into its germ state.3 et celle des especes.Advertisement