Liverwort sentence example
- I, End of hydroid of the thalloid Liverwort Blyttia, showing the thick lignified wall penetrated by simple pits.
- Leveillea jungermanneoides bears a remarkable resemblance to a leafy liverwort.
- There appears to be no reason to doubt that the sexual generation is homologous with the thallus of a Liverwort, or of such an Alga as Coleochaete.
- Current status Wilson`s pouchwort is a leafy liverwort found in wooded ravines where there is both constant high humidity and reasonable light levels.
- This is a bright green liverwort that grows on bare peaty soils in lowland bogs and damp woodland and also on moist sandstone rocks.Advertisement
- In the chromatophores of many Algae and in the Liverwort Anthoceros there are present homogeneous, highly refractive, crystal-like bodies, called pyrenoids or starch-centres, which are composed of proteid substances and surrounded by an envelope of starch-grains.
- Liverwort - a small flowerless green plant with leaf-like stems or lobed leaves, lacking true roots and reproducing by spores.
- The structure of the stomata of the sporophyte of vascular plants is fundamentally the same as that of the stomata on the sporogonium of the true mosses and of the liverwort A nihoceros.