Little-finger sentence example
- "It's very small," adding, "maybe a little finger or a ring finger.
- He explained, corrected or commented till the clock struck nine; then, with the little finger of the right hand brushing from his coat and waistcoat the shower of superfluous snuff which had fallen on them, he pocketed his snuff-box, and resuming his hat, he as silently as when he came in made his exit by the door which I rushed to open for him."
- These lines isolate certain swellings or monticuli, the largest of which is (I) the ball of the thumb, called the mountain of Venus; (2) that at the base of the index finger is the mountain of Jupiter; (3) at the root of the middle finger is the mountain of Saturn, while those at the bases of ring and little finger are respectively the mountains of the (4) Sun and (5) of Mercury.
- Similarly the hypothenar muscles for the little finger underlie the three ulnar marginal mountains, the sizes of which depend on their development and on the prominence of the pisiform bone.
- Zeus grants the petition as in the version of Pausanias, but permits the hair of Attis to grow, and his little finger to move.Advertisement
- Treaties and occasional very important contracts were made "blood-covenants" and inviolable by drawing a drop of blood from the little finger of each of the contracting parties, blending this with water, and both drinking the mixture out of the same cup. The forms of legal evidence were pledges, documents, witnesses and oaths.
- Mourning is expressed by fasting, by shaving the head and face, or by cutting off the little finger.
- Your left little finger should be in line with the middle of the handlebars.
- For example, I touch my left thumb to my little finger.
- The reply is memorable: " My little finger is thicker than my father's loins; my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions."Advertisement
- This last is sometimes done at the death of a rich man in the hope that his family will reward the compliment; sometimes it is done vicariously, as when one chief cuts off the little finger of his dependent in regret or in atonement for the death of another.
- She keeps the relative position of the keys by an occasional touch of the little finger on the outer edge of the board.
- One of the doctors came out of the tent in a bloodstained apron, holding a cigar between the thumb and little finger of one of his small bloodstained hands, so as not to smear it.
- She has her uxorious husband wrapped around her little finger.
- Polydactyly is classified as postaxial if the extra digit is located beside the little finger or preaxial if the extra digit is located near the thumb.Advertisement
- In general terms, you should be able to insert your little finger between the back of the shoe and the child's foot.
- Also, try inserting your little finger between the back of the shoe and the foot to ensure that there is just enough room for it to fit comfortably.
- Bend your thumb into your palm under the little finger.