Litres sentence example
- In the first category there are two varieties: - (T) A mixture of ioo litres of spirit and 22 litres of a mixture of 4 parts of wood-naphtha and 1 of pyridine bases; this spirit, the use of which is practically limited to heating and lighting purposes, may be mixed with 50 grs.
- (2) A mixture of loo litres of spirit, 14 litres of the naphtha-pyridine mixture described above, 4 litre of methyl violet solution, and from 2 to 20 litres of benzol; this fluid is limited to combustion in motors and agricultural engines.
- Therefore 1 gallon = P/0.9988611=4.5459631 litres.
- In an experiment on 3500 grams of paraffin produced from shale (melting point 44'5Ã‚° C.) they obtained nearly 4 litres of liquid hydrocarbons, which they subjected to fractional distillation, and on examining the fraction distilling below looÃ‚° C., they found it to consist mainly of olefines.
- Newer toilets in the United States now use just 1.6 litres of water as opposed to the 5.5 and 3.5 litre ones that were popular previously.Advertisement
- A family of four can help save over 80,000 litres (21,136 USG) of fresh, clean drinking water every year just by using their shower water to flush the toilets!
- In an experiment on 3500 grams of paraffin produced from shale (melting point 44'5° C.) they obtained nearly 4 litres of liquid hydrocarbons, which they subjected to fractional distillation, and on examining the fraction distilling below loo° C., they found it to consist mainly of olefines.
- Thus in the case of cyanacetic acid, while the volume V changed by doubling from 16 to 1024 litres, the values of k were 0.00 (37 6, 373, 374, 361, 362, 361, 368).
- (a) What would be the dimensions of a cubical vessel which would exactly hold 125 litres; a litre being a cubic decimetre ?
- The "general" mixture consists of Too litres of spirit, and 5 litres of wood spirit or 2 litre of pyridine.Advertisement
- In France, the general denaturizing agent is wood-spirit of at least 58 over-proof, and containing 25% of acetone and 2.5% of "impurites pyrogenees"; 10 litres of this spirit denaturizes Too litres of alcohol.
- All these sources are estimated to yield about 220 to 230 litres per head.
- With metric units, measuring P in kg., and C in litres, the G.D.
- This may consist of a glass sphere of 50 litres' capacity, into the neck of which, presented downwards, the necessary tubes are fitted.