Lithia sentence example
- Large quantities of mineral water, sulphur, chalybeate and lithia, bottled at Meridian, Raymond and elsewhere, are sold annually.
- Mineral waters (especially lithia) are bottled in and near the city.
- There are sulphur, lithia and other springs near the city, and an ostrich farm and an alligator farm in the suburbs.
- During an attack of acute gout nothing relieves so much as colchicum, but during the intervals potash or lithia salts taken in water are advisable, as tending to prevent the deposits of urate of soda.
- It is only found in combination, and is a constituent of the minerals petalite, triphyline, spodumene and lepidolite or lithia mica.Advertisement
- One of the springs gives off carbonic acid gas and another contains a considerable proportion of lithia salts.
- Hoffmann and others, Der Harz (Leipzig, 1899), Harzwanderungen (Leipzig, 1902); Hampe, Flora Hercynica (Halle, 1873); von Groddeck, Abriss der Geognosie des Harzes (2nd ed., Klausthal, 1883); Prbhle, Harzsagen (2nd ed., Leipzig, 1886); Hautzinger, Der Kupferand Silbersegen des Harzes (Berlin, 1877); Hoppe, Die Bergwerke im Oberand Unterharz (Klausthal, 1883); Schulze, Lithia Hercynica (Leipzig, 18 95); Li decke, Die Minerale des Harzes (Berlin, 1896).