Lisburn sentence example
- In 1658, through the kind offices of his friend John Evelyn, Taylor was offered a lectureship in Lisburn, Ireland, by Edward Conway, second Viscount Conway.
- In 1661 he buried, at Lisburn, Edward, the only surviving son of his second marriage.
- The day after his son's funeral Taylor caught fever from a patient whom he visited, and, after a ten days' illness, he died at Lisburn on the 13th of August 1667, in the fifty-fifth year of his life and the seventh of his episcopate, and was buried in the cathedral of Dromore.
- Below it, Triassic beds are exposed from Lisburn to Island Magee, giving sections of red sands and marls.
- Except that the Great Northern railway line from Belfast to the south and west runs for a short distance close to the southern boundary of the county, with a branch from Lisburn to the town of Antrim, the principal lines of communication are those of the Northern Counties system, under the control of the Midland railway of England.Advertisement
- The principal towns are Antrim (pop. 1826), Ballymena (10,886), Ballymoney (2952), Carrickfergus (4208), Lame (6670), Lisburn (11,461) and Portrush (1941).
- The assize town is Belfast, and quarter sessions are held at Ballymena, Ballymoney, Belfast, Lame and Lisburn.
- The principal cairns are: one on Colin mountain, near Lisburn; one on Slieve True, near Carrickfergus; and two on Colinward.
- north-west of Belfast by the Northern Counties (Midland) railway, and is also the terminus of a branch of the Great Northern railway from Lisburn.
- at Lisburn, and founded the manufacturing prosperity of Ulster.Advertisement
- This award winning center is situated in the 18th centaury Linen Market House in Lisburn.
- We load the bikes into the guard 's van at Lisburn Train station and trundle back to Belfast.