Lira sentence example
- The minimum annual premium is six lire for an annuity of one lira per day at the age of sixty, and insurance against sickness.
- Currency.The lira (plural lire) of 100 centesimi (centimes) is equal in value to the French franc. The total coinage (exclusive of Eritrean currency) from the 1st of January 1862 to the end of 1907 was 1,104,667,116 lire (exclusive of recoinage), divided as follows: gold, 427,516,970 lire; silver, 570,097,025 lire; nickel, 23,417,000 lire; bronze, 83,636,121 lire.
- PESETA, a silver coin and unit of value, the Spanish equivalent of the French, Belgian and Swiss franc, the Italian lira and the Greek drachma in the Latin monetary union.
- This is a simple harmonic wave-line, whose mean distance from the axis is a, whose wave-length is lira, and whose amplitude is c. The internal pressure corresponding to this unduloid is as before p = T/a.
- 1 A Turkish lira = 18 shillings (English).Advertisement
- In a step inconceivable two generations ago, the mark, franc, and lira have been replaced by the euro.
- That would mean I would have to pay 35,000,000 lira to buy my ELP CD.
- Major political parties in Italy are now talking openly about having the lira back as a parallel currency to the euro.
- Already a supermarket in Tuscany made a PR splash by announcing it would accept old-style lira for one weekend earlier this month.
- So instead of £ 1 buying 2,500,000 lira, it now buys just 2.5 new lira.Advertisement
- I myself found no sign, during a week in Italy, of a great desire to bring back the lira.
- lira thanked him and bought a loaf of bread which looked like a large Chelsea bun and cost 1000,000 lire.
- Food & Drink Water is considered drinkable, normal precautions should be observed with food Currency Italian Lira (Lit ).