Liquid oxygen sentence example
- Bismuth, the strongest of the diamagnetics, has a negative susceptibility which is numerically 20 times less than that of liquid oxygen.
- In the second series, to which greater importance is attached, measurements were made of the force exerted in a divergent field upon small balls of copper, silver and other substances, first when the balls were in air and afterwards when they were immersed in liquid oxygen.
- The susceptibility of air being known - practically it was negligible in these experiments - that of liquid oxygen can at once be found.
- It appears, therefore, that liquid oxygen is by far the most strongly paramagnetic liquid known, its susceptibility being more than four times greater than that of a saturated solution of ferric chloride.
- Fleming and James Dewar on dielectric constants at low temperatures: " On the Dielectric Constant of Liquid Oxygen and Liquid Air," Proc. Roy.Advertisement
- By 1891 he had designed and erected at the Royal Institution an apparatus which yielded liquid oxygen by the pint, and towards the end of that year he showed that both liquid oxygen and liquid ozone are strongly attracted by a magnet.
- For the properties of liquid oxygen see Liquid Gases.
- The plant makes fresh liquid oxygen at the rate of 60 lbs. per hour.
- Liquid fuel, in the form of liquid oxygen and kerosene propelled this rocket to a maximum range of 1,727 miles.