Lipidoses sentence example
- Lipidoses are genetic disorders, passed from parents to their children, characterized by defects of the digestive system that impair the way the body uses dietary fat.
- People with lipidoses are born without the genetic codes needed to tell their bodies how to complete a particular part of the fat digestion and utilization process.
- For most of the lipidoses, diagnosis is suspected based on symptoms and family history.
- This section focuses on some of the most common or most serious lipidoses.
- There is no known way to prevent lipidoses.Advertisement
- Couples who have family histories of genetic defects can undergo genetic testing and counseling to see if they are at risk for having a child with one of the lipidoses disorders.
- Lipidoses have a variety of different symptoms and progressions.
- If parents have one child with a lipidoses disorder and are considering having other children, genetic counseling or in utero testing of the fetus may be beneficial.