Lion-s-share sentence example
- Martha looked at it longingly while the three of us emptied one in no time with Quinn doening the lion's share.
- Its benefits are confined to freemen, and of the benefits the lion's share fell to the larger landholders; the smaller landholders getting, it is true, some crumbs from the table.
- A lion's share of the Mowbray estates, swollen by the great alliances of the house, heir of Breouse and Segrave, and, through Segrave, of Thomas of Brotherton, son of Edward I., fell to Howard, who, by a patent of June 28, 1483, was created duke of Norfolk and earl marshal of England with a remainder to the heirs male of his body.
- The monte del popolo seized the lion's share of the government; the riformatori were recalled, the aggregati abolished and the noveschi condemned to perpetual banishment from the government and the city.
- Basta was authorized to Germanize and Catholicize without delay, and he began by dividing the property of most of the nobles among his officers, appropriating the lion's share himself.Advertisement
- Towards all her Magyars, especially the Catholics, she was ever most gracious; but the magnates, the Batthyanis, the Nadasdys, the Pallfys, the Andrassys, who had chased her enemies from Bohemia and routed them in Bavaria, enjoyed the lion's share of her benefactions.
- This triumph was only obtained, however, after a fierce struggle of ten years, in which the Danes were much hampered by the uncertain and selfish co-operation of their German allies, chief among whom was Henry the Lion, duke of Saxony and Bavaria, who appropriated the lion's share of the spoil.
- The former principality of Troppau is now divided between Austria and Prussia, the latter holding the lion's share.
- The " antirealism," which takes the lion's share in " transfigured realism," is simply a development of the phenomenalism of Hume.
- Their domains were secularized, and divided up among their lay neighbours, Prussia securing the lion's share.Advertisement
- Unions win the lion's share of personal injury compensation payouts.
- The brokered peace deal entitled the UTO to 30% of government seats, with the IRP taking the lion's share.
- They had also acquired control of the lion's share of the vital splint coal and blackband ore needed to feed these furnaces.
- These are parts of the car's frame that are designed to shoulder the lion's share of an impact while protecting you and your family.
- On the same point, it's a great idea to devote a lion's share of your budget to your TV or screen system, as well as considering surround sound options.Advertisement
- For a huge list of links that lead to demonstrations of dance steps via video feed, visit Knowledge Hound, which provides a lion's share of resources in all dance genres.
- As of 2010, the combined industries in the U.S., Japan, and Europe still controlled the lion's share of the market, but the trends indicate that control of the auto market will continue to shift in the future.
- As Minister of the Interior, of Mines, and of Defence, he bore the lion's share of the early administrative work of the Union.