Lion-s-head sentence example
- East and west of the mountain and a little in advance of it are lesser hills, the Devil's Peak (3300 ft.) being to the east and Lion's Head (2100 ft.) to the west.
- The kloof between the mountain and Lion's Head is of singular beauty.
- A tramway also runs from the town over the Kloof, or pass between Table Mountain and the Lion's Head, to Camp's Bay, on the west coast south of Sea Point, to which place it is continued, the tramway thus completely circling the Lion's Head and Signal Hill.
- The oldest known coins are the electrum coins of the earlier Mermnads (Madden, Coins of the Jews, pp. 19-21), stamped on one side with a lion's head or the figure of a king with bow and quiver; these were replaced by Croesus with a coinage of pure gold and silver.
- On The North Door of Durham Cathedral is a bronze door knocker shaped like a lion's head.Advertisement
- People can drink and fill pendants or bottles with water at the Lion's Head Fountain.
- A lion's head on his right shoulder: The design also includes the inscription "Elvis Grant Me Serenity" above it, and a banner below that reads "Born to Be Mild".