Liniment sentence example
- The best method of application is by rubbing in a small quantity of the aconitine ointment until numbness is felt, but the costliness of this preparation causes the use of the aconite liniment to be commonly resorted to.
- From the root of Aconitum Napellus are prepared a liniment and a tincture.
- The external uses of the drug are mainly analgesic. The liniment or plaster of belladonna will relieve many forms of local pain.
- A waiter brought us a very potent cocktail of something, that smelled of horse liniment and Brian naturally drank both glasses.
- The British Pharmacopoeia contains a watery solution - the Aqua Chloroformi - which is useful in disguising the taste of nauseous drugs; a liniment which consists of equal parts of camphor liniment and chloroform, and is a useful counter-irritant; the Spiritus Chloroformi (erroneously known as "chloric ether"), which is a useful anodyne in doses of from five to forty drops; and the Tinctura Chloroformi et Morphinae Composita, which is the equivalent of a proprietary drug called chlorodyne.Advertisement
- Some people find an embrocation or liniment applied to the skin helps, but this should not be used on sensitive or broken skin.
- For muscle pains, bruises and sprains; apply this liniment to the affected area and massage in gently.