Limited-monarchy sentence example
- Chasles suggests 3 - as " a limited monarchy under an autocratic emperor."
- The election had, however, been preceded by a correctura jurum, or reform of the constitution, which resulted in the Henry of famous "Henrican Articles" which converted Valois, king, Poland from a limited monarchy into a republic 1573-1574.
- in 1730 he declared openly in favour of Anne, duchess of Courland, in opposition to the aristocratic Dolgorukis and Golitsuins, and his determined attitude on behalf of autocracy was the chief cause of the failure of the proposed constitution, which would have converted Russia into a limited monarchy.
- under the title of Frederick I.; and Sweden was, The Limited at the same time, converted into the most limited Monarchy.
- Every time that Henry confirmed the Great Charter, the fact that England was already a limited monarchy became more evident.Advertisement
- The limited monarchy established by the Provisions of Oxford lasted only three years.
- aided much in changing what was formerly a somewhat limited monarchy into an absolute one.