Lily-of-the-valley sentence example
- The margin of rhododendron beds, where there are sheltered recesses amongst the plants, suits many of the more delicate species well, partial shade Lily of the Valley (Convallaria majalis).
- Think about a lily of the valley arrangement for Mother's Day.
- Foster as "an exceedingly charming plant," and fragrant, the odour not being unlike the Lily-of-the-Valley.
- The flowers, upon long slender stems, are red copper-colored or orange, with a deep maroon blotch in the centre, and a scent of Lily-of-the-Valley.
- It has leathery leaves, and its erect stems bear long, handsome, and slightly-drooping racemes of pure white flowers, rather like a Lily-of-the-Valley, half an inch across, ten or twenty of which are borne on a stem.Advertisement
- Twin-leaved Lily-of-the-Valley (Maianthemum) - A plant allied to the Lily-of-the-Valley, M. bifolium is a native of our own country.
- Flowering dogwood, lily-of-the-valley, and daylilies are in full bloom.
- The flower associated with Gemini is the lily of the valley.
- Many Gemini tattoos are made entirely of the word "Gemini" written out in script, and surrounded by tattooed images of the lily of the valley.