Liliaceous sentence example
- The nearly related Ficoideae replace the new-world Cactaceae, but the habit of the latter is simulated by fleshy Euphorbias and Asclepiads, just as that of A gave is by the liliaceous Aloe.
- Liliaceous flowers are abundant, including Erythoniums, Trilliums, Alliums, Brodeaeas, Fritillarias, Siliums, Camassias and others.
- Handsome liliaceous plants, with fleshy roots, erect stems, and showy flowers, thriving in any good garden soil.
- Charming dwarf hardy bulbous plants of the liliaceous order, blooming in the early spring in company with Scilla sibirica, and of equally easy cultivation.
- Elegant liliaceous plants, with rhizomatous stems. P. multiflorum (Solomon's Seal), 2 to 3 ft., with arching stems, and drooping white flowers from the leaf axils, is a handsome border plant, doing especially well in partial shade amongst shrubs, and also well adapted for pot culture for early forcing.Advertisement
- Distinct liliaceous plants with bold ornamental leaves regularly folded and plaited.
- Noble subarborescent liliaceous plants, which should be grown in every garden.
- Liliaceous plants and cruciferae are numerous.
- Mountain Spider-wort (Lloydia) - L. serotina is a small bulbous liliaceous plant, suitable for the cool parts of the rock garden, and not of the showy order of beauty.
- Spring Meadow Saffron (Bulbocodium) - B. vernum is a pretty liliaceous bulb from 4 to 6 inches high, and one of the earliest of flowers, sending up large rosy-purple flower-buds, distinct in color.Advertisement