Life-and-limb sentence example
- As was suggested at the outset, railway accident statistics are useful only as showing how to make life and limb safer, though in pursuing this object increased economy should also be secured.
- 9 Even in 13th century England more than half the population were serfs, and as such had no claim to the privileges of Magna Carta; disputes between a serf and his lord were decided in the latter's court, although the king's courts attempted to protect the serf's life and limb and necessary implements of work.
- The lictors and the fasces were so inseparably connected that they came to be used as synonymous terms. The fasces originally represented the power over life and limb possessed by the kings, and after the abolition of the monarchy, the consuls, like the kings, were preceded by twelve fasces.
- It celebrates the DC athletes who risk life and limb as the ultimate culmination of team talent in the action sports community.
- Race for control of the city by competing in races block by block, and then in Carbon Canyon where you risk life and limb to defeat rival crew leaders.Advertisement
- Like firefighters, police officers regularly place themselves in dangerous situations that risk life and limb.