Lie-with sentence example
- At first sight the balance of advantages seems to lie with radium.
- - Here, perhaps, archaeology has contributed most new material, with the result that religious terms, ideas, institutions, once supposed to be peculiar to Israel, are now seen to be common to them and other nations; in some cases, moreover, priority clearly does not lie with the Hebrews, as, for example, in the case of the materials (as distinct from the spirit in which they are worked up) of the stories of Creation and the Flood.
- The advantages lie with the oxide because of its easier preparation.
- In the Chinese combination of Heaven and Earth as the parents and nourishers of all things, the energy and action lie with Tien, Earth being docile and receptive.
- It acted on the principle that the titles of all private landed estate might be called in question, inasmuch as at some time or other it must have belonged to the Crown; and the burden of proof of ownership was held not to lie with the Crown which made the claim, but with the actual owner of the property.Advertisement
- They had seen, I say, him who trusted in false gods and was betrayed by those gods in their fear, brought headlong down by his own weight, lie with broken legs, and afterwards be carried to Brunda and, exhausted by suffering and 4 E.g.
- The origins of the Masonic and Rosicrucian movements lie with the medieval alchemists.
- lackluster sales could lie with your web site itself.
- mom always used to say that children always give you the lie with the names you choose for them.
- The rabbit hutch should be wide enough to allow you rabbit hutch should be wide enough to allow you rabbit to lie with its legs stretched out at the back.Advertisement
- Governments in the past could lie with impunity.
- The rabbit hutch should be wide enough to allow you rabbit to lie with its legs stretched out at the back.
- The concerns with water temperatures lie with their role in the carbon dioxide exchange.
- Others attest that the problems may lie with the fact that like the traditional vegan diet this one may lack sufficient amounts of B vitamins, protein and iron.
- The differences lie with the head, tail, wings, and feet, but the overall structure is similar.Advertisement
- Depending on the style of the machine, you might sit with your legs extended in front of your body or you might lie with your legs extended above your body.