Liberates sentence example
- Its aqueous solution gradually decomposes with evolution of oxygen, behaves as a strong oxidant, and liberates iodine from potassium iodide.
- Strong sulphuric acid in contact with it liberates first nitric acid and later oxides of nitrogen, leaving a charred residue or a brown solution according to the quantity of acid.
- Rother, who appears under the name of Dietrich, sets out with an army, liberates the envoys and carries off the princess.
- As the current flows it decomposes the liquid and liberates oxygen and hydrogen gases, which escape.
- The aqueous solution of this salt liberates carbon dioxide on exposure to air or on heating, and becomes alkaline in reaction.Advertisement
- It attacks most metals readily, usually with production of a nitrate or hydrated oxide of the metal and one or other of the oxides of nitrogen, or occasionally with the production of ammonium salts; magnesium, however, liberates hydrogen from the very dilute acid.
- In automatic fire-sprinklers the orifices of the pipes are closed with fusible metal, which melts and liberates the water when, owing to an outbreak of fire in the room, the temperature rises above a predetermined limit.
- Its solution liberates chlorine from hydrochloric acid and iodine from potassium iodide.
- 4 a material liberates the metallic copper.
- A single female cod liberates, according to its size, from one to five million eggs in a single season.Advertisement
- The product of this reaction, RsbV, liberates B from its inactive complex with RsbW and induces expression of the general stress proteins.
- On the other hand a policy of no war, no sanctions, liberates the evil genie, Saddam Hussein.
- Some regard the legend as a chthonian myth, Aea (Colchis) being the under-world in the Aeolic religious system from which Jason liberates himself and his betrothed; others, in view of certain resemblances between the story of Jason and that of Cadmus (the ploughing of the field, the sowing of the dragon's teeth, the fight with the Sparti, who are finally set fighting with one another by a stone hurled into their midst), associate both with Demeter the corn-goddess, and refer certain episodes to practices in use at country festivals, e.g.
- It really liberates you and allows you try things you would never normally dream of.
- A good short haircut allows you to look smart and sophisticated, but liberates you from excessive time spent in the bathroom styling your hair.Advertisement
- The decomposition of the complex molecule of the sugar liberates a certain amount of energy, as can be seen from the study of the fermentation set tig by yeast, which is a process of this kind, in that it is intensified by the absence of oxygen.
- This acid may also be prepared by the electrolysis of concentrated sulphuric acid, and it is distinguishable from persulphuric acid by the fact that it immediately liberates iodine from potassium iodide.
- Heated with concentrated hydrochloric acid it liberates chlorine, and with sulphuric acid it liberates oxygen.