Lexis sentence example
- There is much lexis that has the features of Ossetic -European isoglosses.
- The dictionary is constantly being updated so as to include new lexis, this has always happened and will continue to do so.
- In any kind of writing you should have a sense of appropriate register or special lexis.
- Then I gave them some handouts I had prepared so that they could practice the written form of new lexis and grammar.
- But most have some special lexis - they make choices of vocabulary that reflect their ideas about school or education.Advertisement
- What you are certainly going to find in these chapters is a very high level of field specific lexis.
- The ability to read texts with high frequency lexis and personal letters.
- It is possible for linguists, like anyone else, to use special lexis unnecessarily, or to descend into a kind of jargon.
- One feature of this style is a preference for Latinate or classical lexis rather than vernacular English words.
- The word dyslexia is derived from the Greek word, dys (meaning poor or inadequate) and the word lexis (meaning words or language).Advertisement
- That is unless the law is published by a recognized site source like Lexis or WestLaw, but only a few states use Lexis as its means for publishing laws via the internet.