Lewisham sentence example
- South of the park lies the open common of Blackheath, mainly within the borough of Lewisham, and in the east the borough includes the greater part of Woolwich Common.
- A comparison of the death-rate of London and those of other great towns in England and abroad is given here: - In 1905 the lowest death-rates among the metropolitan boroughs were returned by Hampstead (9.3), Lewisham (11.7), Wandsworth (12.6), Woolwich (12.8), Stoke Newington (12.9), and the highest by Shoreditch (19.7), Finsbury (19.0), Bermondsey (18.7), Bethnal Green (18.6) and Southwark (18.5).
- A return of the percentage of inhabitants dwelling in over-crowded tenements shows 2.7 for Lewisham, 4.5 for Wandsworth, 5.5 for Stoke Newington, and 6.4 for Hampstead, against 35.2 for Finsbury and 29.9 for Shoreditch.
- The London County Council administers the Horniman Museum at Forest Hill, Lewisham.
- For the residential district to which Blackheath gives name, see Lewisham.Advertisement
- On 6th December 1595 he was admitted to a canonry at Canterbury (which he resigned in 1602), and in the same year to the vicarage of Lewisham, Kent, where he became an intimate friend of Richard Hooker, his near neighbour, whom he absolved on his deathbed.
- On the 23rd of March 16 to he exchanged Lewisham for the rectory of Great Chart, Kent.
- Some earlier stories, such as The Wheels of Chance (1896) and Love and Mr Lewisham (1900), had proved his talent for drawing character, and pure phantasies like The War of the Worlds (1898) his abundant invention; but Kipps (1905) and Tono-Bungay (1909) showed a great advance in artistic power.
- The parliamentary borough of Lewisham returns one member.
- Today Lewisham Telegraph Hill ward by-election tomorrow err where exactly max?Advertisement
- With the exception of Lewisham, no empirical data is available OBV was very active in Lewisham.
- In London I often sing karaoke at the Lewisham community center.
- Liberal Democrats in Lewisham have selected leading Lib Dem Chris Maines as their candidate to challenge Lewisham's sitting Mayor, Steve Bullock.
- Working with children from three Lewisham primary schools to produce an opera libretto with the River Thames as its theme.
- He left the half moon in 1990 to become Arts Officer for the London Boro of Lewisham.Advertisement
- The march was cut short and needed a huge police phalanx to get it through the eerily deserted streets of Lewisham.
- Two new sculptures for Catford The Creative Lewisham Agency is proud to announce the unveiling of two new sculptures on Rushey Green in Catford.
- Born Natasha Anne Bedingfield on November 26, 1981, Bedingfield spent her childhood growing up first in Surrey, England and later in the Lewisham borough of London.