Level-crossings sentence example
- While attending to gates at level-crossings .
- In many instances old level crossings have been replaced by over-bridges with long sloping approaches; in this way considerable expenditure has been involved, justified, however, by the removal of a danger to the public and of interruptions to the traffic on both the roads and the railways.
- In regard to fencing and precautions at level-crossings, less rigid requirements may be enforced than with standard railways; and in some cases where trains are likely to be few, it has been provided that the normal position of the gates at crossings shall be across the line.
- Creating a pedestrian priority promenade along the length of the High Street by installing footway level crossings at side streets.
- You just cannot spend billions of pounds replacing level crossings.Advertisement
- The lorries followed the old trackbed of the railroad and never left Company property, even using the level crossings in Erith.
- The line had 12 level crossings in its 8 mile length.
- Network Rail closed many other level crossings across Scotland at the same time.
- This first stage of construction involved many bridges and culverts, together with a large number of ungated level crossings.
- The southward run had the minor inconvenience that on the night sections the railroad level crossings were closed and the keepers in bed.Advertisement
- Get rid of pedestrian subways and bridges and replace them with surface level crossings.
- The level crossings are now unmanned, operated by train crews, and all the surplus track removed.
- It beggars belief that such dangerous materials are trundling along our railways, passing through unmanned level crossings.