Leukemic sentence example
- However, 4 months after onset, leukemic blasts were detected in cerebrospinal fluid.
- In this procedure, a small needle is inserted into the spinal cavity in the lower back to withdraw some cerebrospinal fluid and to look for leukemic cells.
- As the name suggests, during this phase, the main aim of the treatment is to reduce the number of leukemic cells as far as possible and induce a remission in the patient.
- Once the patient shows no obvious signs of leukemia (no leukemic cells are detected in blood tests and bone marrow biopsies), the patient is said to be in remission.
- If the leukemic cells have spread to the brain, radiation therapy can be given to the brain.Advertisement
- If the leukemic cells have spread to the brain, radiation therapy can be directed at the brain.