Lepidolite sentence example
- Within two years of the invention the authors announced the discovery of two metals, rubidium and caesium, closely allied to sodium, potassium and lithium in properties, in the mineral lepidolite and in the Diirkheim mineral water.
- The principal members of the group are muscovite, biotite, phlogopite and lepidolite.
- The angle between the optic axes varies from 70 0 -50° in muscovite and lepidolite to Io - o° in biotite and phlogopite; the latter are thus frequently practically uniaxial.
- To the first class, with the optic axial plane perpendicular to the plane of symmetry, belong muscovite, lepidolite, paragonite, and a rare variety of biotite called anomite; the second class includes zinnwaldite, phlogopite, lepidomelane and most biotites.
- The species lepidolite is largely used for the manufacture of lithium and rubidium salts.Advertisement
- Bunsen, the best source of rubidium and caesium salts is the residue left after extraction of lithium salts from lepidolite.
- It is found in the minerals lepidolite, petalite and in various specimens of mica and of carnallite, and in some mineral waters.
- It is only found in combination, and is a constituent of the minerals petalite, triphyline, spodumene and lepidolite or lithia mica.
- The angle between the optic axes varies from 70 0 -50Ã‚° in muscovite and lepidolite to Io - oÃ‚° in biotite and phlogopite; the latter are thus frequently practically uniaxial.