Leopold ii sentence example
- His father, also named Rainer, the seventh son of the Emperor Leopold II.
- The lake forms part of the (British) Uganda Protectorate, but the north-west shores were leased in 1894 to the Congo Free State during the sovereignty of king Leopold II.
- Most of the trade monopolies held by Leopold II.
- He died in 1833, and was succeeded by Leopold II.
- For about a year she continued to negotiate with them, forwarding to Mercy and the emperor Leopold II.Advertisement
- He died in June 1824, and was succeeded by his son Leopold II.
- The Order of the Iron Cross, the badge of which is a black cross with gold borders, with a gold centre bearing a lion, was instituted by Leopold II.
- There are also the following orders instituted by Leopold II.
- In 1905 the 75th anniversary of Belgian independence was celebrated, and there was a great manifestation of loyalty to King Leopold II.
- The personal interest taken by Leopold II.Advertisement
- Among the princes it excited horror and alarm, and in 1792 the emperor rencb Leopold II.
- A sharp contest with the emperor followed this proceeding, and the Austrian duke, annoyed that under Duke Leopold II.
- The situation needed all the statesmanship of the new ruler, Leopold II.
- In this manner the movement in favour of ending the baneful regime of Leopold II.
- (The prohibition of the import of alcohol deprives the state of a ready source of revenue.) Nearly all the funds required in the work of founding the Free State were provided by Leopold II.Advertisement
- Pressed however by France, Leopold II.
- Besides the East African lakes the principal are: - Lake Chad, in the northern area of inland drainage; Bangweulu and Mweru, traversed by the head-stream of the Congo; and Leopold II.
- The sons of Leopold's eldest son were excluded from the succession on account of the marriage of their father being morganatic, and the principality passed in 1747 to his second son, Leopold II.