Lemon grass sentence example
- Schoenanthus (lemon-grass), yields lemon-grass oil; FIG.
- Yogi Tea Green Jasmine A delicate blend of Green Jasmine and ginger, lemon grass and lemon verbena.
- Remove and discard the tough outer skin from the lemon grass stalks and roughly chop.
- They represent a large number of classes of substances of which the most important are: (1) Hydrocarbons, such as pinene in oil of turpentine, camphene in citronella oil, limonene in lemon and orange-peel oils, caryophyllene in clove oil and cumene in oil of thyme; (2) ketones, such as camphor from the camphor tree, and irone which occurs in orris root; (3) phenols, such as eugenol in clove oil, thymol in thyme oil, saffrol in sassafras oil, anethol in anise oil; (4) aldehydes, such as citral and citronellal, the most important constituents of lemon oil and lemon-grass oil, benzaldehyde in the oil of bitter almonds, cinnamic aldehyde in cassia oil, vanillin in gum benzoin and heliotropin in the spiraea oil, &c.; (5) alcohols and their esters, such as geraniol (rhodinol) in rose oil and geranium oil, linalool, occurring in bergamot and lavender oils, and as the acetic ester in rose oil, terpineol in cardamom oil, menthol in peppermint oil, eucalyptol in eucalyptus oil and borneol in rosemary oil and Borneo camphor; (6) acids and their anhydrides, such as cinnamic acid in Peru balsam and coumarin in woodruff; and (7) nitrogenous compounds, such as mustard oil, indol in jasmine oil and anthranilic methyl-ester in neroli and jasmine oils.
- Other active ingredients include water, glycerol, salt, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), potassium sorbate and lemon grass.Advertisement
- Start with the shrimp rolls or crispy noodles and move on to the spicy lemon grass soup or green papaya salad.
- Try the fresh-caught whole island fish in spicy lemon grass sauce or seafood in ginger black bean sauce, two of the signature dishes.