Lemmus sentence example
- The circumpolar lemmings of the genera Lemmus and Dicrostonyx are noticed in the article Lemming.
- LEMMING, the native name of a small Scandinavian rodent mammal Lemmus norvegicus (or L.
- lemmus), belonging to the mouse tribe, or Muridae, and nearly related, especially in the structure of its cheek-teeth, to the voles.
- In their turn they are pursued and harassed by crowds of beasts The Norwegian Lemming (Lemmus Norvegicus).
- Collett, Myodes lemmus, its habits and migrations in Norway (Christiania Videnskabs-Selskabs Forhandlinger, 1895).Advertisement
- It breeds abundantly in some seasons on the fells of Lapland, its appearance depending chiefly on the presence of lemmings (Lemmus norvegicus), on which it mainly preys.