Leitmotif sentence example
- This curse, the Leitmotif of the whole story, began to operate at once.
- Inspired by the rich architecture of Wagner's music on an epic story, Williams chose to score the first Star Wars and subsequent films using leitmotif.
- Let us illustrate Wagner's mature use of Leitmotif by the theme which happens to be associated with Alberich's ring.
- So many of John Williams' musical movements are instantly recognizable, in part due to his use of Wagnerian musical styling such as the leitmotif.
- The method of presentation in both symphonies is by means of representative themes (Leitmotif), and their combination and interaction.Advertisement
- The more subtle examples are inexhaustible in variety and resource; and perhaps the climax of subtlety is the almost entire absence of Leitmotif in the first scene of the third act of Gotterddmmerung, when Siegfried throws away his last chance of averting his doom.
- fugitive moment, personified in the leitmotif of the firefly.
- But we shall also find that, even if we could conceive the poetry to be a perfect expression of all that can be given in words and actions, the orchestra will express something greater; it will not run parallel with the poetry; the Leitmotif system will not be a collection of labels; the musical expression of singer and orchestra will not be a mere heightened resource of dramatic declamation.
- A famous and typical instance of Wagner's use of Leitmotif in tragic irony is the passage where Hagen gives Siegfried friendly welcome, to the melody of the curse which Alberich pronounced on the ring and all who approached it.
- The leitmotif is typically a chord progression, short melody or simple rhythm that recurs in music, literature or life.Advertisement
- Finally there's repetition - a word, gesture or memory used as a leitmotif having the effect of making time cyclical.
- leitmotif of the book.
- This almost typically British distrust of serious scholarship forms a leitmotif of the book.
- Wagner used these leitmotif throughout his operas, particularly to identify a particular character whenever they made their appearance in the film.
- Yet it is The Colony Room that has become a leitmotif in presentations of the ` School of London ' .Advertisement
- Williams' use of classical Wagnerian style composition and the leitmotif created a lasting impression that is easily recognizable by audiences born long after the first film aired.
- Loneliness, in one form or another, provides the leitmotif of the book.
- The use of the very familiar leitmotif as the source of Anakin and Padme's song created an emotional connection between the audience and the pairing which would eventually produce Luke, and thus Luke's Theme.