Legitimizing sentence example
- Genetic sociology thus has the potential of legitimizing the North-South divide as natural and foreordained by genes.
- Yet the Parliament stands on the brink of legitimizing such extortion in the electronic arena.
- At this parliament, which lasted but a few days, he again made a personal appeal to Charles, which was curtly rejected, to permit the legitimizing of Monmouth.
- While it would be considered a modest swimsuit by modern standards, it was widely credited at the time with legitimizing the bikini and making it acceptable, even though the aforementioned style had been around since 1946.
- The difficulty of the succession also occupied him, and he co-operated thus early in the design of legitimizing Monmouth as a rival to James.Advertisement
- Towards the end of his period of favour he caused great offence by legitimizing a supposed bastard son of very doubtful paternity and worthless personal character, and by arranging a rich marriage for him.
- The idea of securing the Protestant succession by legitimizing Monmouth again took shape and was eagerly pressed on by Shaftesbury; at the time it seemed possible that success would wait on the audacity.