Legitimists sentence example
- In Le Correspondant (1843), established by Montalembert and De Falloux, the Catholics and Legitimists had a valuable supporter.
- After the revolution of July, when the Legitimists withdrew in a body, Berryer alone retained his seat as deputy.
- The matter became a question of partisan controversy, the legitimists asserting that he frequently offered to serve against France, but that London, where he lived till 1807 - for the most part in studious retirement.
- Lastly, there were in Kufa, and still more in Basra, many Othmaniya or legitimists, on whose co-operation he could not rely.
- The Legitimists seemed impossible, and the people turned instinctively towards a Bonaparte.Advertisement
- Thirty-five opposers of the government were appointed, Republicans, Orleanists, Legitimists or Catholics.