Legalization sentence example
- The aim, not expressed, was the legalization of slavery.
- The abolition of the papal jurisdiction removed all obstacles to the divorce from Catherine and to the legalization of Henry's marriage with Anne Boleyn (1533).
- It may be summed up in his own words when replying to a deputation of Uitlanders, who desired to obtain the legalization of the use of the English language in the Transvaal.
- She rejected out of hand the government 's proposals around prostitution, and called for outright legalization and for toleration zones.
- The legalization of same-sex marriage and non-gender-specific civil unions is one of the major goals of gay rights activism.Advertisement
- Irish music radio changed forever with the legalization of commercial radio in 1989.
- Seventeen legislative proclamations were enacted in the first year dealing with the immediate necessities of the position, and providing for the establishment of a supreme and provincial court of justice, for the legalization of native courts of justice, and dealing with questions of slavery, importation of liquor and firearms, land titles, &c. In the autumn of 1901 the emir of Yola, the extreme eastern corner of the territories bordering upon the Benue, was, in consequence of the aggressions upon a trading station established by the Niger Company, dealt with in the same manner as the emirs of Nupe and Kontagora, and a new emir was appointed under British rule.