Legalization sentence example
- The aim, not expressed, was the legalization of slavery.
- 1560), who founded a college for them in 1545 in the town of Billom, besides making over to them his house at Paris, the hotel de Clermont, which became the nucleus of the afterwards famous college of Louis-le-Grand, while a formal legalization was granted to them by the states-general at Poissy in 1561.
- Seventeen legislative proclamations were enacted in the first year dealing with the immediate necessities of the position, and providing for the establishment of a supreme and provincial court of justice, for the legalization of native courts of justice, and dealing with questions of slavery, importation of liquor and firearms, land titles, &c. In the autumn of 1901 the emir of Yola, the extreme eastern corner of the territories bordering upon the Benue, was, in consequence of the aggressions upon a trading station established by the Niger Company, dealt with in the same manner as the emirs of Nupe and Kontagora, and a new emir was appointed under British rule.
- The abolition of the papal jurisdiction removed all obstacles to the divorce from Catherine and to the legalization of Henry's marriage with Anne Boleyn (1533).
- It may be summed up in his own words when replying to a deputation of Uitlanders, who desired to obtain the legalization of the use of the English language in the Transvaal.Advertisement
- criticisech heavily criticized legalization however the RIP Bill also features some positive aspects which warrant a cautious welcome.
- She rejected out of hand the government 's proposals around prostitution, and called for outright legalization and for toleration zones.
- The legalization of same-sex marriage and non-gender-specific civil unions is one of the major goals of gay rights activism.
- Irish music radio changed forever with the legalization of commercial radio in 1989.