Legal-term sentence example
- An isolated use of the word " catholic " as a secular legal term survives in Scots law; a catholic creditor is one whose debt is secured over several or over all of the subjects belonging to the debtor.
- (2) A legal term meaning an offer for acceptance, particularly an offer in money for the satisfaction of a debt or liability or an offer to pay or deliver T ' '- Tench.
- The nature of the engagements to go and work on the plantations was not fully explained to them, and they were hired for periods exceeding the legal term.
- On their return both generals were unsuccessfully accused of having retained their command beyond the legal term.
- When industries are taken without payment to the property owner, it has a certain legal term.Advertisement
- Abandonment is a legal term describing the failure of a non-custodial parent to provide support to his or her children according to the terms approved by a court of law.
- Liability is the legal term used to refer to being responsible for an accident.
- There was much speculation about the meaning of that word, but Zellweger claimed it was simply the legal term and wasn't intended as an indictment of Chesney's character.