Left-handedness sentence example
- There is some doubt on the point; but a contemporary and intimate friend, Luca Pacioli, speaks of his "ineffable left hand"; all the best of his drawings are shaded downward from left to right, which would be the readiest way for a left-handed man; and his habitual eccentric practice of writing from right to left is much more likely to have been due to natural left-handedness than to any desire of mystery or concealment.
- This underlying biology allows us to understand the way in which left handedness has been treated in history.
- I have never been taught any specific ways to compensate my left handedness.
- These artificial composites exhibit the unusual left-handedness, i.e. simultaneously negative permittivity and negative permeability.
- But at times in history, left-handedness was thought to be a malady in need of curing (and in some parts of the world still is).Advertisement
- Toddlers may begin to prefer one hand to the other, the first sign of right- or left-handedness, or to use both hands equally.
- Their right- or left-handedness is well established, and they use the preferred hand for writing and drawing.
- These researchers believe that true left-handedness is rare and that most lefthanders are really mixed-handed.
- In the early 2000s the frequency of left-handedness appears to be on the increase.
- Left-handedness appears to be rarer in restrictive societies as compared with more permissive societies.Advertisement
- Through the centuries left-handedness has been attributed to numerous physical, psychological, and supernatural causes.
- Although a hand preference may seem apparent towards the end of the first year, this is not necessarily due to right- or left-handedness and may change several times over the subsequent few years.
- At various times in the past, left-handedness has been wrongly associated with numerous physical, mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders.