Lecanora sentence example
- Thus ascogonia with trichogynes have been observed in Endocarpon, Collema, Pertusaria, Lecanora, Gyrophora, Parmelia, Ramalina, Physcia, Anaptychia and Cladonia.
- They are characterized by their insolubility or very slight solubility in water; as examples may be mentioned erythrinic acid in Roccella and Lecanora; evernic acid in species of Evernia, Ramalina and Cladonia; lecanoric acid in Lecanora, Gyrophora.
- Of considerable value is the " perelle " prepared from Lecanora parella, and used in the preparation of a red or crimson dye.
- Inferior to this is " cudbear," derived from Lecanora tartarea, which was formerly very extensively employed by the peasantry of north Europe for giving a scarlet or purple colour to woollen cloths.
- This is derived chiefly from Lecanora esculents, which grows unattached on the ground in layers from 3 to 6 in.Advertisement
- The lichen flora of temperate regions again is essentially distinguished from the preceding by the frequency of corticolous species belonging to Lecanora, Lecidea and Graphidei.
- The highest specimen obtained was a lichen (Lecanora subfusca, L.) on the south side of Chimborazo, 18,400 ft.
- Rocella tinctoria, Lecanora, and formed by fusing extract of aloes with potash.
- Parmelia, Lecanora), having sometimes also in addition a proper one 1 (e.g.
- Lecanora crassa, Lecidea decipiens), others sandy soil or hardened mud (e.g.Advertisement