Least squares sentence example
- Stern, on terrestrial magnetism by Goldschmidt, and on the method of least squares by K.
- Upon these follow special methods of induction applicable to quantity, viz., the method of curves, the method of means, the method of least squares and the method of residues, and special methods depending on resemblance (to which the transition is made through the law of continuity), viz.
- constrained least-squares and robust (maximum likelihood) non-linear fitting is available with either sinusoid or damped sinusoid models.
- This may be done by fitting the offset model through sample points using least squares regression fitting.
- sequential acceptance sampling and partial least squares regression.Advertisement
- To get them for the starting model for the least squares do zero cycles.
- undamped algorithms for fitting sinusoids via a modification of the least-squares Prony method.
- In 1806 appeared Legendre's Nouvelles Methodes pour la determination des orbites des cometes, which is memorable as containing the first published suggestion of the method of least squares (see Probability).
- Thus, although the method of least squares was first formally proposed by Legendre, the theory and algorithm and mathematical foundation of the process are due to Gauss and Laplace.
- They include growth curve modeling, sequential acceptance sampling and partial least squares regression.Advertisement
- The second stage smoothes these oscillations by performing a least squares cubic spline fit to the data.
- There are also three Undamped Algorithms for fitting sinusoids via a modification of the least-squares Prony method.