Leap-year sentence example
- But every leap year one day must be added to the lunar month in which the 29th of February is included.
- It was thus an effective compromise between the solar year and the lunar month, and contrasts very favorably with the intricate and clumsy years of other ancient systems. The leap-year of the Julian and Gregorian calendars confers the immense benefit of a fixed correspondence to the seasons which the Egyptian year did not possess, but the uniform length of the Egyptian months is enviable even now.
- From 1582 To 1700 The Difference Between The Old And New Style Continued To Be Ten Days; But 1700 Being A Leap Year In The Julian Calendar, And A Common Year In The Gregorian, The Difference Of The Styles During The 18Th Century Was Eleven Days.
- Then, Since Every Year Which Is Not A Leap Year Ends With The Same Day As That With Which It Began, The Dominical Letter Of The Following Year Must Be L 1, Retrograding One Letter Every Common Year.
- It Will Be Remembered That In A Leap Year There Are Always Two Dominical Letters, One Of Which Is Employed Till The 29Th Of February, And The Other Till The End Of The Year.Advertisement
- The Abyssinian calendar is as follows: - The Abyssinian year of 365 days (366 in leap-year) begins on the ist of Maskarram, which corresponds to about the 10th of September.
- A Chinese year can consist of twelve or thirteen months depending when the winter solstice falls during a leap year.
- In 1974 Casio came out with its first computerized watch, the Casiotron, which not only kept time but could keep track of the days in the month and tell if it was a leap year.
- This watch was innovative for the era because not only could it accurately keep time, but it could keep track of the day of the month, as well as recognize if the year was a leap year.
- With This Correction The Rule Of Intercalation Is As Follows: Every Year The Number Of Which Is Divisible By 4 Is A Leap Year, Excepting The Last Year Of Each Century, Which Is A Leap Year Only When The Number Of The Century Is Divisible By 4; But 4000, And Its Multiples, 8000, 12,000, 16,000, &C. Are Common Years.Advertisement
- As The Number Of Days In The Week And The Number In The Year Are Prime To One Another, Two Successive Years Cannot Begin With The Same Day; For If A Common Year Begins, For Example, With Sunday, The Following Year Will Begin With Monday, And If A Leap Year Begins With Sunday, The Year Following Will Begin With Tuesday.
- Now if leap year happens on the first, second or third year of the period, there will be five leap years in the period, but only four when the first leap year falls on the fourth.
- The remaining five days in the year, termed Pagmen or Quaggimi (six in leap-year, the extra day being named Kadis Yohannis), are put in at the end and treated as holidays.
- The Breitling Montbrilliant Olympus Mens Watch A1935012-B7-431A is a real champion of a watch, retailing for $7,050 and featuring a leap-year calendar that also covers the moon phases.
- The English Denomination Of Leap Year Would Have Been More Appropriate If That Year Had Differed From Common Years In Defect, And Contained Only 364 Days.Advertisement