Leaguers sentence example
- He apparently was given a whiff of the bigs in a losing September when a few fortunate minor leaguers get a peek of how the other side lives.
- The signatories of the peace of Constance were divided between leaguers and imperialists.
- In Paris itself he was for a short time committed to the Bastille by the Leaguers, as a kind of hostage, it is said, for a member of their party who had been arrested at Rouen by Henry of Navarre.
- Tell is the chief of the Ruth leaguers, and it is his deed which is the immediate occasion of the rising against the oppressors, which is dated in 1296.
- It was saved by the refusal of the lesser gentry to rise, and by the alliance of the king with the citizen class, which was not led astray by the pretences of regard for the public weal which cloaked the designs of the leaguers.Advertisement
- Constantly moving through Poitou and the Limousin, as the exigencies of the civil war required, occasionally taking his turn as a guard, at least on one occasion trailing a pike on an expedition against the Leaguers, with no access to libraries, and frequently separated even from his own books, his life during this period seems most unsuited to study.
- We may not have any major leaguers but we do have our local penny auction.