Leaf-sheath sentence example
- They climb by means of tendrils, which are stipular structures arising from the leaf-sheath.
- In wheat, barley and most of the British native grasses they are a development, not of the culm, but of the base of the leaf-sheath.
- The remarkable ovoid involucre of Coix, which becomes of stony hardness, white and polished (then known as " Job's tears," q.v.), is also a modified bract or leaf-sheath.
- The leaves of successive whorls alternate with one another, and this applies also to the branches which arise in the axil of the leaf sheath.
- A, Longitudinal section of the rhizome, including a node and portions of the adjoining internodes; k, septum between the two internodal cavities, hh; gg, vascular bundles; 1, vallecular canal; s, leaf-sheath.Advertisement
- In all these groups a leaf-sheath has been recognized.
- What is the risk to wheat of applying Cerone beyond flag leaf sheath opening stage?