Leaders-of-the-opposition sentence example
- 17 1915 Stamboliiski accompanied the other leaders of the Opposition to the palace, and, in a forcible speech and later in personal conversation, he warned the King with characteristic brusquerie that if he again plunged the country into war it would end in disaster and that he would lose his throne, if not his head.
- He now took part in nearly every debate in the House of Commons, being recognized as one of the most able of the leaders of the opposition or country party.
- The mast prominent leaders of the opposition to the papacy, whether ecclesiastical or political, joined forces with the German, king, Louis of Bavaria, and offered him their aid against John XXII.
- Elections for a new chamber took place in February 1888, and the whole of the leaders of the opposition were elected, including Dimitrie Bratianu, the premier's brother, and Lascar Catargiu.
- In 1795-1801 he was a Republican representative in Congress, where he was one of the leaders of the opposition to Jay's treaty, introduced the resolution calling upon President Washington for all papers relating to the treaty, and at the close of Washington's administration voted with Andrew Jackson and other radicals against the address to the president.Advertisement
- Jaures, and on the 13th of January 1905 he was one of the leaders of the opposition which brought about the fall of the cabinet.
- A virtuous and very devout Spanish princess, Blanche assumed the regency of the kingdom and the tutelage of her child, and carried them on for nine years with so muc,h force of character and capacity for rule that she soon impressed the clamorous and ~Ian~he of disorderly leaders of the opposition (1226I 235).
- The treaty of Lunvill~, signed in February 1801 with Austria who had been disarmed by Moreaus victory at Hohenlinden, restored peace to the continent, gave nearly the whole of Italy to France, and permitted Bonaparte to eliminate from the Assemblies all the leaders of the opposition in the discussion of the Civil Code.