Lead pencil sentence example
- "Chopsticks" are commonly made of wood, bone or ivory, somewhat longer and slightly thinner than a lead-pencil.
- In 1847 Thoreau left Walden Lake abruptly, and for a time occupied himself with lead-pencil making, the parental trade.
- The Santa Maria mines of Sonora, Mexico, probably the richest deposits in the world, supply the American lead pencil manufacturers.
- These should be wiped with a little white paint or linseed oil, and written with a soft lead pencil before the surface becomes dry.
- A small column, as for example a lead pencil standing on end, or a row of pins propped up against suitable supports, or other bodies which are easily overturned, may be used as seismoscopes.Advertisement
- You can also make a sucking device with a modified retractable lead pencil.
- It was noticed that certain Indian tribes of South America played with a ball composed of a resilient and elastic substance, which afterwards was found to possess the power of removing lead pencil marks from paper and came into commerce as " Indian Rubber."