Ldl cholesterol sentence example
- Pharmacological doses of n-3 fatty acids can lower triglyceride levels but have also been shown to raise LDL cholesterol levels in people with diabetes.
- Results Soluble fiber from oat products, psyllium, pectin and guar gum lowered total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol by a small amount.
- Such products are enriched with plant derived sterols or stanols, which can lower LDL-cholesterol.
- Evening statin, and higher dose, were associated with lower total and LDL-cholesterol.
- Acai's monosaturated fats, similar to that found in olives and other plant-based foods, raise HDL cholesterol while lowering LDL cholesterol.Advertisement
- Cholesterol buildup in the arteries often precedes cardiovascular problems, and doctors often recommend that patients reduce their cholesterol or improve the ratio of so-called "good" HDL cholesterol to "bad" LDL cholesterol.
- Reduces LDL ("bad") cholesterol: A study in the journal Clinical Nutrition demonstrates that over a period of three years, patients who consume pomegranate juice reduced their ratio of bad LDL cholesterol.
- Other studies also demonstrate improvements in overall blood cholesterol numbers and in the amount of LDL cholesterol in the blood.
- A study published in Diabetes Care, a medical journal, indicated that LDL cholesterol levels were reduced to 7 percent from 27 percent.
- The population as a whole is at some risk of developing high LDL cholesterol.Advertisement
- Before puberty, average total and LDL cholesterol levels are higher in girls than in boys.
- Two studies released in 1998 showed Cholestin lowered LDL cholesterol by 20 to 30 percent.
- In 2003, a Cuban research study revealed that policosanol, a substance made from sugar cane wax or beeswax, lowered LDL cholesterol nearly 27 percent in study subjects.
- The primary culprit is saturated and trans-fats, which increase LDL cholesterol levels or "bad" cholesterol.
- Studies suggest those who regularly exercise may be able to successfully lower their LDL cholesterol and keep levels in a healthier range.Advertisement
- Decreases bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol: Having high LDL cholesterol can lead to heart disease.